Real Estate

Floodway and Fringe Map

After flooding devastated many parts of southern Alberta, the province has changed the flood-proofing rules for those living in high-risk areas. People living in a flood-fringe areas must flood-proof their homes if they want to be covered in future disasters. Homeowners who live in the floodway can choose to rebuild or leave, but will not be eligible for any future help if they stay. Do you know if you live in a floodway or flood fringe? Use this interactive map to see if you are expected to take extra measures to protect your home.